Thursday, July 11, 2013

{Review} Come Alive by Karina Halle

{Review} Come Alive by Karina Halle

Goodreads Description:
It’s one thing to bring the woman you love back into your life. It’s another to try and keep her there. For Dex Foray, con­vinc­ing Perry Palomino to open her­self to their bur­geon­ing rela­tion­ship has been more chal­leng­ing than hunt­ing ghosts, bat­tling demons and stalk­ing Sasquatch com­bined. Add in the fact that the only way they can keep their Exper­i­ment in Ter­ror show run­ning is to take on a third part­ner in the form of the mys­te­ri­ous Max­imus Jacobs — all while inves­ti­gat­ing a sin­is­ter voodoo sect in New Orleans — and you’ve got the per­fect South­ern storm and a recipe for dis­as­ter. Luck­ily, Dex has never been one to back down, even when his life –and heart — are on the line.
Come Alive is told from Dex’s POV.



What did I think?

One word: Wowza! Ha! 

I have to say this first: Karina Halle's writing gets better and better with every book she writes. Every time I read her books, my breath is completely taken away. If you haven't started her books, you need to start pretty damn quick because this is one author you do NOT want to miss out on.

*****If you have not read any of the previous EIT books, don't read any further! Pick them up and read them. I have spoilers in here*****

So, Come Alive picks up directly after Into The Hollow. Things changed in Into The Hollow and I was really curious as to where Halle was going to go with Perry and Dex. Perry and Dex, to me, are the perfect kind of couple. They are perfect for each other and so easy to relate to. Well....I will admit that it took a bit for me (and I'm sure others) to warm up to. Probably because he was such an ass. But Perry makes him a better man and brings out the best in him.

In Come Alive, you see things through Dex's eyes and let me tell you it was certainly entertaining. I mean you get glimpses of it in The Dex Files & And With Madness Comes The Light but this entire novel in his POV. 

How can you say no to seeing everything via Dex Goggles? You can't. 

I loved it. It was great seeing Perry through Dex's eyes and seeing how much he cared for her. I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing things through the sexy, pervy eyes of the notorious Declan Foray. It was an experience, that's for sure. I liked seeing the different sides of Dex and enjoyed every page.

The whole book was exhilarating. Nonstop from one page to the next. You got some crazy ass voodoo mojo in the heart of New Orleans and some sexy hot scenes that make me want to melt. This book (as do all of Halle's works), really has it all. The creepy parts had my breath hitching and trying to keep up with my heart. The creep factor was high in this one. For real.

We also get some perspective on the relationships between the main characters Maximus, Dex & Perry. It was completely awesome. Words really cannot express how much this series is so fabulous. Come Alive truly is an epic book and now one of my favorites of the series. I'm still reeling from everything that went down in this book.

Dex and Perry FINALLY get to have a go at a  real relationship. I am so happy for them because after all they've been through....no one deserves it more than them. 

P.S. OMG on the ending. Makes the wait for Ashes To Ashes seem like forever!!







 photo hsig_zps4df4a677.png

No comments:

Post a Comment