Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Guest Post: Extreme Measures by Rachel Carrington


On my blog today, I have a guest post by the lovely Rachel Carrington. She's stopping by to let me know a bit about her and her book Extreme Measures. 

Here is a bit about the book:
From Goodreads:
Four years ago Erin’s life changed drastically. Her drug-addicted brother killed her parents, and her marriage disintegrated. Her husband, Matt, an FBI agent, had done his duty when he’d arrested Stuart, but she’d been too caught up in her own grief to allow him to help her move through the shadows of pain. 
Now Matt is back, but it isn’t to attempt reconciliation. Her brother has escaped from Attica, and Erin is his next target. Matt will stop Stuart by any means necessary. But Stuart is a desperate man, and desperate men will do anything to get what they want.
Thrown together by treacherous circumstances, Matt and Erin fight a battle to stay alive and possibly figure out how to put the pieces of their destroyed lives back together again.







I'm excited to have Rachel here to talk about the setting of her book. It's always awesome to get a peak into an author's brain and see where the ideas come from. Without further ado, here she is:

Visiting Charleston—Inside the Setting of Extreme Measures
By Rachel Carrington

I'm fortunate to live in Charleston, South Carolina. Known as the Holy City, the Lowcountry, and Chucktown, it's been voted as America's Most Friendly City, and it's the oldest city in South Carolina.
I set a lot of my books here in the Lowcountry because of familiarity, but beyond that, there are so many unexplored parts to Charleston that I'm looking forward to including in upcoming novels.
Though I've lived here well over twenty years, I've never taken one of the popular Ghost Walks or carriage rides. The Wentworth Mansion ranked #2 on U.S. News and World Report's list of Top 10 Hotels, but I've never stepped foot inside it. And I'm almost ashamed to say I've never visited Fort Sumter. See what I mean about the possibilities?
Beyond the sites I haven't seen, there are a whole host that I have and those places will come up in future novels. The Battery, the Old Exchange Building and Provost Dungeon, Magnolia Plantation, and Charles Towne Landing are all truly unique places that invite characters. The names alone lend themselves to book settings, don't they?
Now take a moment and imagine what kind of stories could be written in those settings. Historical romance, of course, but what about paranormal romance for the Old Provost Dungeon? A pirate romance for Charles Towne Landing, maybe? And though the Battery was a place for artillery during the Civil War, it overlooks the Atlantic Ocean and always makes me think of mermaids and underwater civilizations.
What story ideas did those names give you? Visit www.charlestononly.com for an insider's look at this beautiful place I call home.

About Rachel:
About Me

I started writing years ago, and my first attempt was a contemporary romance that will never see the light of day. I think I may even have thrown it away by now. It was absolutely horrific as I knew nothing about well…anything to do with writing.
After that, I started writing fantasy romances about wizards and wizards, and once those took off, I segued to paranormal romances (hello, vampires and ghosts) and romantic suspense. I also write articles for various magazines, including The Writer’s Journal, Writer’s Magazine, Writer’s Weekly, Writing for Dollars, Absolute Write, and Funds for Writers.
I’m fortunate to make my home in historical Charleston, South Carolina. Beautiful city. Beautiful people. When I’m not writing, I love to read, create videos, keep Target in business, play visitor in my city, and drink lots of coffee.
You can find me all over the internet, but here are just a few of the places:
My website: www.dawnrachel.com
Twitter: @rcarrington2004
Facebook: rachelcarringtonwrites
Pinterest: rcarrington2004
Goodreads: rcarrington2004
Wattpad: http://wattpad.com/RachelCarrington 


I wanted to say thank you for allowing me to have this on my blog today! I always appreciate authors wanting to stop by and do a post. I'll definitely be adding this to my TBR pile!

Thank you Rachel for stopping by and taking the time to talk about your book! 


 photo hsig_zps4df4a677.png

No comments:

Post a Comment