Friday, May 3, 2013

The Other Fish In The Sea by Jenn Cooksey


The Other Fish In The Sea by Jenn Cooksey


In Shark Bait, readers everywhere met and fell in love with the new girl, Camie Ramsey, and swooned over her sure to be future husband, Tristan Daniels. Now, in The Other Fish in the Sea, the long anticipated second installment of the Grab Your Pole series by Jenn Cooksey, Camie and Tristan are back, but so are their friends!
So, find a breathing apparatus and shimmy into your scuba gear, because it's finally time to dive deeper into the lives of the GYP gang, but be warned, it's a big world out there and an even bigger ocean where danger might be lurking around the next corner and realistically, anything could happen.




What did I think?
Oh my, where do I even start? I don't even have the words to write to construe how I feel about this book. Not only this book but the author as well. But we'll get to Jenn in a bit.

I first fell in love with GYP gang last year when I was given Shark Bait to read and review by Jenn herself. The writing was so unlike anything I've ever read before and I was enthralled.

This book is no exception. Jenn Cooksey seriously has a way with words and a talent for story telling that is out of this world. In TOFITS, we get a glimpse into other people's POV. But only the girls. Which I loved. Everything in this book is so down to earth and REAL. You don't get any more REAL than what happens in this installment.

Camie and Tristan have to be two of my most favorite characters ever. Their chemistry is spot on and they are totally perfect. I seriously wish I had them as friends while I was in high school. Shoot, I want ALL of their friends as my own NOW. Oh the fun we would have....*sigh*

Without ruining anything in this book, I can safely say that every emotion you have will be put to the test while reading this piece of art. It's not just a book. It's a work of art in my eyes. Nobody writes with this type of honesty and emotion nowadays and I commend Jenn on being so awesome and different with her technique. There were laugh out loud moments, pump your fist moments, bittersweet moments and a heartbreaking one.

I can't get to spoilery because I don't want to ruin it for anyone else. I seriously hope that you pick up a copy to read today because you are seriously missing out if you don't grab your copy today.


Now....as for my earlier statement about Jenn...

I had the distinct pleasure of actually meeting Jenn face to face last year before my life when completely crazy. She has not only become one of my favorite people but one of my dearest friends. She has a zest for life that I can only dream of having and more talent for writing in her little finger than I do with my whole body. I treasure her friendship very much and am so very damn proud of her for how far she has come in the author world. I look forward to seeing her again in the future and I enjoy being along for the ride on her way up to #1. <3

I'm only going to say one more thing and that is, if you've read Shark Bait and The Other Fish In The Sea, wait til the next installment comes out. It will blow your socks off. Completely. I'm not lying when I say that Jenn has talent with story telling. She truly is talented. But every book she writes will be completely worth the wait and then some.

If you want to see my review of Shark Bait plus the interview I did with her, click HERE. It's at my old blog site and it contains some pictures of the highschool that Camie and the gang go to. Just remember....that giveaway is no longer happening. LOL







 photo hsig_zps4df4a677.png

No comments:

Post a Comment