Wednesday, January 15, 2014

{Review} Insurgent by Veronica Roth

{Review} Insurgent by Veronica Roth
Goodreads Description:
Fighting for survival in a shattered world… the truth is her only hope.
The thrillingly dark sequel to No. 1 New York Times bestseller, DIVERGENT.
I have done bad things. I can’t take them back, and they are part of who I am.
Tris has survived a brutal attack on her former home and family. But she has paid a terrible price. Wracked by grief and guilt, she becomes ever more reckless as she struggles to accept her new future.
Yet if Tris wants to uncover the truth about her world, she must be stronger than ever… because more shocking choices and sacrifices lie ahead.
My Review:
I recently finished Divergent at the end of 2013 and I ws anxiously waiting to read this one. Me and my bestie April over at Sim Sational Books promised to do a bunch of buddy reads this year and finishing this series is in that list. I couldn't wait to start Insurgent. The previous books left it wide open.
Let me first tell you that I am totally pushing for buddy reads. They are probably the best thing ever. Reading with someone who has the same taste and same passion of books as you makes reading so much more fun. Voxer adds it all together with live narration of sorts. It's incredible. I highly suggest you do it.
On to my review.....one word for Insurgent...WOW. This book is completely non stop with all the action and politics. I love that you don't know what is going to happen and it keeps you guessing. All the way until the cliffhanger ending.

I adore Tris and think she's a complete badass chick. She's been through so much and she still stands so strong. One of my favorite characters ever.

Four is dreamy but to me a little wishy washy sometimes. He's still dreamy though don't get me wrong. I understand where he is coming from in most of his little arguments with Tris.

I will say that was the downer of the book. Tris and Four argue quite a bit and I get that couples argue but I didn't like that it was the main focus for a while. There was just so much other stuff going on that should've been priority.

Other than the arguing, this was fantastic and cannot wait to read Allegiant. I will say that I highly dislike Four's mom....She's pretty shifty. Oh! And I want to slap Caleb in the face....more like punch.

Buddy read #2-Allegiant April and I are coming for you!!


 photo hsig_zps4df4a677.png

No comments:

Post a Comment