Thursday, February 27, 2014

{Review} Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi


{Review} Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi


Goodreads Description:

Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew - about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam - was wrong.


My Review:
 Oh holy hell, where do I start? I finished reading this book on Feb. 20 and I still have a book hangover from it. I am having such a hard time wrapping my mind around this book and the series as a whole.

Ignite Me has to be my favorite book to read out of the whole series and it is the perfect ending. I absolutely loved this book. I know there are a lot of fans that were not happy with the way things ended but I thought it was completely perfect.

There were times I did get frustrated with Juliette, as always. She has a real problem with standing up for herself. But when she does, boom!! Burn!! ;-) Everything escalates and comes to head but syncs up quite nicely.

It's hard to write a review without spoilers since this just came out so I'm going to try my hardest not to be spoiler-y. 

I'll go with the characters first....

Adam...well, if you read Fracture Me, you have some inkling into what kind of person he is becoming. I still love him because he still tries his best for what he thinks is right. That's not always the case but he becomes quite a...well...snot. LOL His love for James is unconditional as it should be. But his love for Juliette? Is brought into question and made me think about it for a while.

Warner....is well....okay I am going to say that I think he is a real character. I don't know how exactly to put it really except that....I wish there were a lot more Warners out there in the real world. He is by far one of my all time favorite characters I've read. His feelings for Juliette really shine through this entire novel. Even more than in Unravel Me and Destroy Me

Kenji.....as always one of the best characters in the series. Yes, as I've said, he is a comic relief but not just that. He is everything that Juliette needed in a friend and more. One of my favorite lines was when Juliette and Warner were talking and he mentioned Kenji and she said, "He's my best friend." Oh man it touched my heart. LOVED that.

Juliette....She's grown up quite a bit from the first book. It was really cool to see her transition into a strong person. Some of the ways she handled herself in certain situations frustrated me because she doesn't say what she really should have. But by the end, I was so damn proud of her. Wow. 

While I was reading this final book, I kept catching myself thinking about how old all these characters were. Seriously....the was the book projected them, made them seem older than they were. I had to keep reminding myself that they are 17-19 years old. Although I guess when you've been through what they all went through, you age a lot more.

I thought that the ending "battle" was a bit rushed and that the relationships were the real main focus. The ending did almost leave it open in case Mafi ever wants to revisit this series. I honestly don't really want her to because I thought the ending was perfect the way it was.

In closing I will say this: CHAPTER 55. CHAPTER 55. CHAPTER 55. CHAPTER 55!!!

;-)







 photo hsig_zps4df4a677.png

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, Chapter 55 was the best ever. *happy horny sigh*

    I'm so glad we read these together. I still have to write up my review, perhaps tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete